The Wheatsheaf Hotel
The earliest reference to the pub came in 1815 when the Wheatsheaf was inherited by Anne Harris from her father, Howell Harris.
She married Edward Williams and the property was passed on to their son, Rev. David Watkin Williams of Eglwysilan who sold it to Roderick Lewis in 1857 for £450.
Lewis, who was a close friend and executor of the Will of Dr William Price, died a bachelor in 1897 and the pub was inherited by his sisters, Margaret Bowen and Ellen Lewis, who sold it in 1910 for £1,310 to Edward Morgan.
Edward, who formerly ran the Cross Keys and was a singer who toured the USA and Canada) married Anne Taylor. Her brother, James became Lord Mayor of Cardiff.
In 1925 he sold it to the Fern Vale Brewery Company Ltd. It was later home to Llantrisant Rugby Team and had its own rifle club in the basement.
The pub was later owned by the unforgettable Hedley Jenkins followed by Clive Pegg who refurbished the interior and the business enjoyed one of its most profitable periods.