The Greyhound Inn was one of the first public houses visitors to the town would see, overlooking the Southgate bend.
It remains to this day as a private dwelling but was once a busy hostelry. Dr William Price lived in Ty’r Clettwr directly below it and have ownership interests in the pub during his years in the town.
David Evans was licensee for the last quarter of the 19th century followed by Simeon Peach and Daniel Evans.
In 1906 Rev Joshua Pritchard Hughes opened the Red Dragon Temperance Hall immediately next door, which probably caused plenty of comment in the old town!