Llantrisant Workingmen's Club
Llantrisant Workingmen's Club was originally opened in the former Rock and Fountain Inn on the Bull Ring in May 1953.
However an early image from 1905 shows the name of a workmen’s club on the side of The Star Inn.
By 1956 the club established itself in a new building on the site of the former Rickards Arms (called The Five Courts until 1840) on Swan Street, where the ancient game of five courts was played. Ruins of the court remain at the rear of the building.
To create a workmen’s club twelve men of impeccable character had to apply for the licence. An extension to the building was opened on September 28th 1961