Castellau Independent Chapel
The chapel was originally built in 1843 at the expense of Col. Thomas Smith of Castellau.
It was rebuilt and enlarged in 1877.
According to the Religious Census of 1851, the Rev Joshua Evans of Cymer reported 93 worshippers in the evening and an average of 130 at the morning services.
Until 1939 the chapel was the centre of an annual eisteddfod and the nearby brook was even used for baptisms.