The Llantrisant Guildhall Restoration Scheme began in October 2016.
At each milestone moment we will include new images to show you the progress being made.
The first phase of scaffolding is in place and the former boiler houses has finally been removed from the side of the porch
The original tiled flooring has been removed in preparation for the extensive removal of the ceiling and plaster
With the removal of the lime and plaster render from the outer walls, the original 1773 archways are found into the Cornmarket which closed in 1890.
The plaster has been removed from the inner walls, revealing the original stonework
The removal of the ceiling revealed the height of the original room. The room will be reinstated to the original height
The stonework of the inner walls are revealed, including the former fireplace which will be reinstated
The scaffolding is completed and the new 'wrap around' of the building will begin so that work can be undertaken throughout the winter months
The wrap-around of the building is complete
The roof tiles have been removed
The Georgian fireplace has been uncovered
The ground floor is near completion
The chimney has been rebuilt
The original cell window (including its iron bars) were discovered in the lower floor
An extension is built for the elevator
Designer Thom Botwood begins work on creating a replica of the Dr William Price costume at St Fagans to go on show at the Guildhall
The render is almost complete and work is about to begin on the porch steps and roof
A life-size mannequin of a Llantrisant archer at Crecy has been created in London for display in the Guildhall
The new roof is being installed
Work continues on the new roof
The colours of the new render and slated roof give an indication of how magnificent the Guildhall will look